Welcome to Poetic.
For over a decade, Poetic has moved our partners years ahead of their competitors. The strategies, technologies, and products created in our office allow companies to be competitive today and define tomorrow.
We believe a thriving culture is about good people you can rely on working toward a common goal. Our culture helps make us a truly exceptional company, and it's our people who continually drive us forward.
We are looking for a multidisciplinary Mid-Sr. UX/UI Designer who is a visual problem solver, thinks conceptually, and loves the digital landscape—having a solid understanding and enthusiasm for visually building brands from the ground up. In addition, you will have strong ideation skills, challenging conventions, and offering intelligent, creative solutions.
You will be a crucial member of an energetic company. Report directly to the Creative Director and work alongside multiple internal teams to constantly think, build, and execute. You will also feel comfortable presenting to clients, articulating with clarity and supporting a point of view. In addition, you are a self-starter, hands-on, have solid attention to detail, and own multiple projects from conception to execution.
- Ability to create from concept to production, branded activities that address creative briefs/client conversations through design, art direction, interactive design, print collateral design, etc.
- Solid understanding of current visual and marketing trends
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, Figma, Webflow, Google Suite
- Concept and collaborate with other creative and internal teams
- Implement client and internal feedback with ease and on time
- Work with team leads to ensure innovative concepts are on-brand
- Present ideas both internally and client-facing
- Lead junior creatives, mentoring and growing the creative team while collaborating.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and creative resolution skills
- Understand and utilize marketing briefs, data, and insights
- Incorporate accessibility standards into solutions that meet WCAG AA criteria
- Lead UX team in crafting new and enhanced solutions across a suite backed by market analysis, data, client feedback, user research, and technical constraints/opportunities
- Experience conducting user research and analysis
- Desire to evolve and instruct a vision and practical process for UX
- Seek value-added insights and methods from research, architecture, and design disciplines
- US-based applicants only. Houston TX preferred, remote possible.
- experience with agile methodologies such as Feature-Driven Development or SCRUM
- 3-5 amount of yrs experience in UX in a senior strategy or product design role (after salary range is known, insert appropriate # of yrs required)
- 3-5 years of applicable agency, studio, or in-house experience mandatory
- A portfolio focused on user-centered solutions and the process mandatory
- Handle multiple projects and tasks at once
- A solid understanding of design with the ability to break the rules when needed
- Experience scoping incoming design projects to help manage available resources
- Ability to collaborate with clients to gather requirements and take that information to inform initial user flows
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and make low-fi sketches and prototypes.