For over a decade, Poetic has moved our partners years ahead of their competitors. The strategies, technologies, and products created in our office allow companies to be competitive today and define tomorrow.
We believe a thriving culture is about good people you can rely on working toward a common goal. Our culture helps make us a truly exceptional company, and it's our people who shape and grow it.
We are looking for a Creative Director to lead our design team. Our ideal candidate is a strong visual and experience designer that wants to use their experience to help others grow.
This is a combination hands-on and management role focused on contributing to the processes of product strategy, design, and development. You will work with designers, project managers, and developers to create quality user experiences and interfaces.
Build a Team & the Future
- Define a vision for the future of design within Poetic. Evangelize the vision inside and outside the company
- Work with the team to develop and manage our design system and process
- Ensure the entire team helps us move towards the design vision
- Participate in design interviews
- Perform check-ins with design team members to provide feedback and guidance
- Review other designers work and provide feedback
- Help other designers conceptualize their design. Provide approval for other designers to proceed with design concepts.
Hands on Design
- Work with clients to create a brand strategies
- Take ownership of projects, following them through to launch and relentlessly look for the best way to solve business problems and improve the customer experience
- Gather consumer insights, research, and feedback in order to build efficient and user-friendly interfaces
- Build strategy documents
- Work iteratively to develop ideas from sketches to finished product
- Solve complex design solutions to increase the functionality of the user experience
Aside from technical skill, we care deeply about the personal values of our employees. When we select a candidate for review, you’ll be vetted for your skills as much as for the fit to the team. Some of the values we care about are:
- You like to receive and give constructive feedback
- You have a continual thirst for knowledge and desire for self-improvement
- You are a self-starter and are driven by purpose
- You take initiative and champion projects and causes
- You contribute to your team and the greater good concurrently
You can expect the following steps during our interview process:
- An initial 30 minute phone call to learn more about you
- In-person ( or video if you do not live in Houston ) interview
- A challenge and an on-site visit
Our employees are the heartbeat of the company, and we want to take care of you too:
- Quality health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Snacks and coffee to keep you going